Where U Ride At is designed to help users share and find good places to ride atvs or other off-road vehicles.
- Login/Account Creation
- Upon first launch of the app, you will be greeted with a login screen. If you do not have a valid login you will need to create a new account. Once your account is created, you will be logged in automatically.
- Map View
- You will see a map with your current location in the center denoted by a green pin. The map will span approximately a 200 mile radius of your current location. You can quickly move to another place on the map by typing and address in the box at the top of the screen and pressing “Go.” You can also move around the map and zoom in and out by dragging and pinching. While viewing the map, places to ride will be denoted by yellow diamond with an atv in the center. Touching a place will reveal it’s title along with a button link to view the place’s details.
- Place Detail View
- The Detail View will include the description of the place written by the user who submitted the place. At the bottom of the screen there is a button to get directions to the place from your current location. If you are viewing a place that was added by you, there will be a trash icon in the navigation bar at the top of the screen. Touching this icon will remove the place from the map. Underneath the description, a button will display the number of reviews posted for the place. Touching the button will show all the reviews.
- Reviews View
- The reviews view will list all reviews for the selected place. To add a review, touch the “+” at the top right of the screen. You must provide a title and description for the review and a rating of 1-5 stars. 1 star being the worst rating and 5 stars being the best. The average rating of all reviews will be displayed on the Place Detail View next to the reviews button.
- Adding Places to the map
- If you would like to add your current location to the map as a place for others to visit, touch the “+” button on the navigation bar above the map to the right of the title. Here you can fill in a Title and Description for the place and submit it along with the GPS coordinates which will be automatically included. Please note that if you are entering GPS coordinates from scratch, they must be specific to 6 decimal places or they will not be accurate enough for navigation. Ex. (x.xxxxxx,x.xxxxxx).